Customer Service Representative
Join our family owned, fast-growing media company as a Customer Service Representative.
Our Customer Service Representatives acts as a liaison to provide product and service information, answer questions, and resolve any emerging issues that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency. Our target is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to inquiries, and maintain high customer satisfaction. This position is based out of our office in Seaford, DE.
We offer a supportive, winning work culture, no weekend work hours, plenty of time off (PTO and paid
holidays), business casual dress code and career growth opportunity.
- Manage incoming phone calls to include large volumes during deadlines.
- Identify and access customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information to ensure a solution to any customer complaint
- Maintain records of customer interactions
- Develop & process classified ads
- Collect and process payments
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Customer retention
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Must be genuinely excited to help customers.
- Able to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Able to work as a team with other Customer Service Reps.
- Excellent computer skills and experience in Microsoft software and able to keyboard at least 35 wpm.
- Ability to acquire an above knowledge of our advertising processing software
- Commitment to complete tasks while providing quality work
- Able to provide precise and accurate edits in a fast-paced setting to ensure deadlines are met
- Dependable with the ability to work under pressure to meet publishing deadlines
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone system preferred
- Prior Customer Service experience is a plus
Monday, 8am-5pm; Thursday, 8am-5pm; Friday 8am-4pm.
We provide options to enroll in medical benefits, vision, dental, life insurance, paid time off and a 401(k) savings plan with a respectable company match.
About the Company - O’Rourke Media Group is a fast-growing company that owns and operates hyper-local, community newspapers, niche publications and a full-service digital agency. We are family-owned and mission-
driven to save newspapers and local media companies by investing in the people, resources and technology needed to thrive for many years to come.
We currently operate in six states with 24 publications and hyperlocal websites. Our News teams excel at producing unique content and useful information that fuels an engaged, growing audience across print and digital platforms. And, we have established ourselves as a top-performing sales company in the industry.
We are always on the hunt for talent that can help us grow.