Laurel Grain Company is looking for a full-time GRAIN OPERATOR to join our team.
This individual will learn all aspects of the operation and play a vital role year-round. This position will require the individual to work in offices, outside in the elements, at heights, as well as in confined spaces. This position will require day/evening/weekend/holiday hours.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm. Overtime as needed including weekends and 12–14 hour shifts during harvest. Must be willing to work 7-days or nights a week during harvest season.
Primarily responsible for the daily receiving, storage, handling, drying, and loading of grain; monitors stored grain conditions; maintaining and cleaning grain facilities and equipment. Provides a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Safely and efficiently carry out unloading/loading of grain trucks and storage bins within defined procedures and as directed. Monitors equipment to ensure it is in proper working condition and takes appropriate action when malfunctions occur; Performs required preventative maintenance on equipment located within assigned facility; Notifies management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns as it relates to OSHA compliance and ability to operate safely.
- Maintain the general appearance and cleanliness of the facility to include elevators, grounds, buildings, etc. in accordance with established housekeeping standards, keeping all outside elevator equipment and daily operations OSHA compliant.
- Determine inbound grain quality for proper storage; provide management with any grain quality concerns in a timely manner.
- Operate truck scale, grain probe, quality testing equipment, receiving pit, drag conveyors, elevator, screw auger, grain dryer, bin sweep, tractors, skid steer equipment.
- Perform repairs as need to all equipment.
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language fluently
- Must possess good driving record
- Must possess general mechanical knowledge
- Must be willing and able to climb up to 150 feet
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be willing and able to bend, stoop, push, pull, twist, and turn throughout the day
- Must be willing and able to work in adverse weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces following the proper safety procedures
- Must be willing and able to operate heavy machinery (tractor, bob-truck, basket lift, forklift, etc.)
- Must have millwright and electrical knowledge and experience